Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Update


34 weeks (Scout loves the camera!)

Last week I had my 34 week appointment. I had the sonogram and the biophysical. The biophysical is not nearly as scary as it sounds. Basically, they take me to a quiet room with a comfy recliner chair and hook up some monitors to my belly for about 20 minutes or so. It is really relaxing and fun to hear Riley's heart beat come over the speakers! Dr. Levin said Riley looked good but due to her measuring small, she wants me to really take it easy for the next few weeks. She did not say "bed rest" but basically I am only allowed out of the house for about an hour each day. I was asked to stop swimming and to record Riley's kicks for 30 minutes after breakfast. I have found it a little hard to slow down. I feel good and there is lots to do before sweet baby comes, but I'm trying!! :)

35 weeks

Today I had my 35 week appointment and it to went well! Riley is looking good and my fluid levels had actually increased which Dr. Levin said was good. I am having a little trouble with my weight. I lost a little, which concerned Dr. Levin. I am eating all all all the time, but this restrictive diet makes it hard. It has been somewhat frustrating to find a balance between keeping my blood sugar levels on track and getting enough/to much carbs. Not to mention throw in the ketones (this is something I measure each morning.) It is a urine test that tells if my body is using stored fat as energy (not a good thing.)

Please just pray for me that I can continue to control the ketones and blood sugar levels and gain weight by diet alone. I would prefer to stay off insulin if possible. I am supposed to call the endocrinologist tomorrow, so I guess we'll see what she says. I only have a few weeks left, I know I can make it! Grow Riley, grow strong!

3 comments:

Gabe and Lindsay said...

we are thinking about you and sending positive thoughts! you look great for 35 weeks!

Courtney Squillante said...

Awww- thinking of you Michelle! I will be praying for all of you- I'm so amazed at how you keep your spirit up in trying times! Once Linds gets back we'll come visit so you can stay resting!!

Justin and Allison said...

I will praying for your and sweet Riley. You look great.