
Ahhh, my little baby does not look like a baby anymore. She is such a toddler now. It hurts my heart a little that she is growing so fast! I mean where did that tiny itty bitty baby go?
I love love this stage she is in now. She is happy, silly, determined, independent, bossy, so so loving, sweet, smart, grumpy, and a little sassy at times. She is learning many, many things. And she has too many words in her vocabulary to keep track of. She has recently started putting two words together, her favorite being "no momma" "no dadda".
We went to see Dr Shuman several weeks ago, and Riley breezed her developmental test. This was basically just questions for me and for Riley to assess where she is. Sidenote: I was a little surprised they only expected her to be saying 10 words.
Rileys 18 month stats. Nothing much has changed here still tall and skinny.
Height: 33 inches, 75-90%
Weight: 20 pounds, 12 oz 5%
Head: 18 inches, 25%

Riley now LOVES to color with crayons and we will hopefully be trying fingerpainting soon. She will even identify a few colors, blue, black, and orange (but not always 100% of the time.) She is still in the super loving stage and gives hugs and kisses to everything that moves or doesn't move including trees, leaves, her hair brush, etc. She will also blow bye kisses to the cashiers at the grocery store, and people who greet her (although its often delayed and after they have already turned to what they were doing.)
She identifies her bible and askes to read her bible daily. Clay and I now pray for a desire to read our bibles like Riley! "Bybul, bybul, bybuuullll!!" :) Oh and she LOVES Noah. The Squillantes' got Riley a Little People Noah's ark for her 1st birthday and Riley loves to point to Noah in the Bible and then to Noah the little person.

Lastly, Riley has started doing the hand motions to The Itsy Bitsy Spider, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, and Roly Poly.
Oh and she can open my iphone on her own. Like push the button, slide to open and then browse around. What?? Yes. And its on video, I will try to post it soon! I did not realize just how much technology she is exposed to each day and just how much it will change in her lifetime! Amazing!



2 comments:
Which bible does Riley have? I was actually looking yesterday at church for Cole.
Andrea, Riley has this bible:
http://www.amazon.com/Gods-Story-Me-Favorite-Children/dp/0830748121/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297051213&sr=8-1
The stories are a little long for her but she loves loves the pictures!
Post a Comment