
WOW! Riley is really growing so fast! I know, I know I say this every month but it really just amazes me how much she changes each and every month. I no longer see that early "newborn" or "young" baby face. Riley now looks like an older baby. This is wonderful and scary at the same time!

We had Riley's 9 month well check last week and Dr. Shuman thought she looked great! Riley took her shot really well and only cried a few seconds. However, she definitely disliked the finger prick (and that seemed to last forever.)
Here is how Riley measured:
-28 1/4 inches long (75%)
-15 lbs 10 oz (5%) Still no worries here, Riley is staying on her own growth curve :)
-16 1/2 in head cirrcumerence (10%)

Here are some of the things she has been up to:
-Riley can now crawl and will pull up on objects.
-She will take the occasional step holding onto objects.
-Riley now has 2 bottom teeth, 1 top tooth and another top tooth on the way.
-She is babbling so much more. mama, dada, babah, gaaoogoo, etc.
Long side note: I really believe she said her first word "mama" I went into her room in the morning two different times and she held out her arm at me and was looking right at me and said mama. Mamamamama mama. She has not done this since but I still choose to believe she was talking/refering to me! :) She has also now said dada in Clay's general direction but not sure if she's associating him to the word or not.
-Riley knows her name and will sometimes respond. Not always.
-She is able to bang toys together and her motor skills are getting more advanced by the day.
-She can now pick up puffs and other small food items and put them in her mouth.

We love you sweet Riley!



3 comments:
Precious precious pictures! She DOES have so much personality and she looks adorable! And no worries about her weight- she clearly takes after her skinny momma! :)
What a presh! And you should definitely count the "mamamamam!" So exciting!
She is so adorable... I know I probably missed this but where did you get those cute monthly onesies?
Post a Comment