Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Power!!!

Lights, electricity, and a/c! Oh my!

Yea! So Friday night about 7pm or so we get a text from neighbors saying the lights are on! For a while, I thought it might have been a really really mean joke. But no joke, we had electricity! Clay and I have never slept better, I instantly crashed. It was also so so wonderful to just be at home during the day on Saturday. We had a lot of work to do (like 20 loads of laundry, 10 piles of leaves/debris to pick up, and lots of cleaning to do) but we were home.

Clay and I really needed to cut loose after 2.5 weeks of stressful living. So we went to watch college football with some of the Kingwood crew. After football was mostly over, a dj came in and turned on the kareoke. How histerical it was, I haven't laughed so hard at our friends in a while. They really hammed it up.

Church this morning was really good, I think everyone kind of shares even more of a common bond with each other now after Ike. Houston's mayor Bill White attended our church this morning and it was really great to just have our whole congregation pray over him and for him as he leads our city to restoration.

2 comments:

Paige said...

I'm sure you are so appreciative for electricity now. I am glad you can get back to normal life.

HILER said...

Wow, yall were without it much longer than we were. We got it back on that Sunday before we started back to school. It IS so nice to be back in your own home. Too weird we're in the same district!