
Yikes, Ike is on its way...barrelling toward our door. Luck for us they cancelled school for today. :)
Months ago Clay and my dad had made plans to go hunting this weekend. Clay was going to leave Thursday and come back Sunday. Well, lucky for me since there was no school I was able to come up to Ft. Worth and hang out with my mom and sister while the boys (+ Scout) hunt. So we left right after school on Thurs and luckily the HOV lanes were not too bad. It only took us about 30 mins longer than usual to get to my parents. Wow! What a difference from 3 years ago when we evacuated for Rita. It took us like 17 hours to drive to Lubbock. Yuck!
It was so nice to just hang out today and lay out by the pool, relax and not worry too much about Ike. Although we live across the street from a large bayou, our house is built up pretty high from the street..so I don't think we have to worry too much about flooding. I'm mainly just concerned about trees falling (our backyard is semi-forest-like) and losing power. I do not want to come home to a disgusting freezer. I guess we will just have to wait and see.



1 comment:
good to talk to you the other day. Let me know how your Ike situation turns out!
Post a Comment