Ike is the perfect example of how God reminds me that he is in perfect control, and that what is our will may not his will.
-First we must rewind to 1 month ago. Clay and I were frantically pray and spraying (bug spraying that is) because 1 of our oldest (50 yrs), most beautiful pine trees in our backyard became infested with pine beetles. Pine beetles happen to be extremely destructive and within a week it killed our tree. And within another week it killed yet another tree. Yuck. Not only did we lose our trees but we have to pay for them to be removed (not cheap, not cheap at all.) Tree man said we could wait up to 6 months before cutting them down, but that it was definitely best to do it sooner than later. So TIMBERRRR.
-Fastforward to Saturday Sep 13, Ike coming straight to H-Town. Had we not gotten pine beetles we would have never known our trees were weak (the beetles attack weak trees) and they most certainly would have fallen during the storm on either our home or our neighbor's brand new home.
I prayed and prayed for those silly trees, and God knew what was best. Clay and I are so blessed to report that we had no major damage to our home. Kristi, my sister, did have some damage to her car (which was left in front of our home.) Unfortunately, water krept into her car. But we are lucky compared to many.
We have not gone back to Houston, we are still hanging out with mom and dad; but from what we've heard it is like a war-zone. There were 10 trees that fell on homes in our little tiny neighborhood. We and most of Houston are still without power, no street or traffic lights, no water, no ice. Yikes. It is amazing how much we take for granted on a daily basis and sad that it takes a disaster like IKE for us to acknowledge it.
5 years ago



5 comments:
Whoa! Are you going to have to have a ton of make up days or how do they work that out?
How crazy. I am glad you had no damage and you are safe. Are you spending time with your parents?
I'm so glad everything is going to be okay with the house and you guys. Keep us updated on how things are going and let us know if there is anything besides prayers that we can send your way.
i'm glad to hear all is well with your house and the two of you!! i hope you get to go back home soon!
this is an amazing story. I am so glad you guys are safe. God really does know what is best. I know I forget that so often.
Post a Comment