Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

O Christmas Tree


Right after Thanksgiving Clay went and found the perfect live tree. I love live trees, growing up we had live trees but because west Texas was so dry we eventually gave into pre-lit fakes. This year, our Christmas tree looks a little strange. I wasn't sure just how touchy Riley would be around the tree so we left off many of the breakable ornaments and the few we put on the tree are all at the top. I did lay several glittery star ornaments on branches near the bottom for Riley to take on and off as she pleases. It seems to have worked pretty well. Except for two ornaments. Last year I found a kit to make Rileys hand and footprints into an ornament. They turned out so cute. And since they weren't breakable I thought I'd put them towards the bottom so Riley could really get a good look at them. Well, not only did she get a good look she....

took a bite out of each one! Ha! After finding the pieces she bit off and deciding she was not poisoned, I realized that it is actually quite cute and adds ummm. Character.

A few of my favorite ornaments.


Clay and I got the last ornament our Senior year of Tech; we attended our church's Singing Christmas Tree. It was awesome and I had never seen it done like that before. There were choir people (?) on a special scaffolding type thing all the way to the very peak of the ceiling inside First Baptist. Too cool! As we headed out the door, children were handing out ornaments they had made with their families. This was the one given to us.

I've had a lot of fun playing with my camera and the lights on the tree.



2 comments:

Justin and Allison said...

Love these pictures. Beautiful tree!

Paige said...

Very cool! I saw this technique in a cookbook a few minutes ago and though of you. It was pentagons on a tree behind a coffee cup, or something like that. It was great seeing you as always my dear!