Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 12, 2010

Beach time!



A few weeks ago, my parents, sister, Clay, Riley and I headed to the beach at Port Aransas. It was such a wonderful, relaxing, enjoyable time!! But as vacations always do, the week went by way to fast!! (A few of the pictures are foggy...I was unwise and did not let my camera adjust to the temperature and humidity change before trying to take pictures. :)

The water was so clear and blue...it was beautiful. I forgot how nice Texas beaches could be, I am so used to brown-water Galveston. The only thing I didn't love was the large amount of seaweed, it was not so bad the first few days but by the time we left there were miles of large piles of seaweed. One day our neighbors on the beach decided it would be fun to shake lots of seaweed and I was shocked at what all they found. Shrimp, small crabs, and one really crazy looking fish!

Sand, sun, swimming, water, golf, and lots of yummy food=Fun, fun, fun.

Public service announcement: Port Aransas has a beautiful golf course but the "native areas" are protected and you are unable to search for your balls (wouldn't be able to find them even if you could search. So if you don't hit the fairway everytime, take lots of golf balls. Like about 30.

2 comments:

Paige said...

South Padre is a really beautiful texas beach, it actually has white sand. Cute pictures.

Justin and Allison said...

Your vacation looked so nice. I love Port A. I am also very impressed by your sewing skills.