Riley is doing so so much better as far as crying and colic goes. Praise God!! She is still not the best napper. I think I am just going to have to accept the fact that she is just not a napper. She does take two 30-45 minutes naps in her crib but it stops there. We started swaddling Riley very early-on due to colic, etc. (Thank you very much Happpiest Baby on the Block book, you helped save my sanity.) Now she really relies on the swaddle to signal her its nap time. She struggles to fall asleep without being swaddled. I know we will have to faze this out soon but sometimes she still slaps herself in the face and wakes herself up...so I think we will continue for a week or two more until she stops this.
(I have noticed that being a new mom means that anyone and everyone thinks they need to share their opinion about the things you are doing. Most of the time I am greatful for the advice and help, truly I am. However if I hear the term "straight-jacket," in reference to Riley's swaddle, one more time, I might lose it.)
Sorry, I stepping off my box now. Anyway, Riley fights falling asleep so hard and will fuss and squirm around until finally like a switch she passes out. Well, one of my favorite parts of the day come when Riley wakes up from her nap. The instant I start unwrapping her from her blanket, her arms shoot up like switch blades and she makes the cutest face and stretches for several minutes. Check out the video. Cute!!
6 years ago



4 comments:
Ha! Switch blades, that's hilarious!
Swadle away Michelle, because pretty soon, she will not want you to even look at her! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!
I loved swadling Caroline. It worked great for her sleep and mine too.
Swaddle as long as Riley needs it! Who cares what people say. We heard the same comments. We unswaddled around 5 months, but I know some people swaddle until their babies started really rolling on their own. Just do what works for you!! Love you!
Post a Comment