Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Wedding weekend


Last weekend we ventured to back to the DFW area, this time for a wedding. Riley did so good on the drive there and back, I even got to ride in the front for quite awhile :)!! She is quite the little road warrior. We left on Thursday evening and spent all day Friday relaxing with my parents. Clay and I got to kayak Friday afternoon, while Dad went fishing.

Nana gives great baths!Relaxing with Pawpaw


On Saturday, Clay and I drove to Sulphur Springs to see Chris Diamond get married. (Mom and Dad were so helpful and watched Riley for us. This was the first time away from Riley for many hours but she was in such good hands that I was completely relaxed.) It was a beautiful day and a beautiful afternoon wedding. Chris was so happy and we loved seeing many college friends. (Several of Clays friends now have babies of their own, it was fun to see them as dads.) Interesting side note: Phil and Emily Hammond had their baby Jack on May 6th, we had Riley on July 6th, and Brandon and Laney had their baby Bryce on August 6th. Not sure what it is about the 6th but I'm thinking it could be a FIJI thing. :)

After the wedding, we headed back to Ft Worth, we got to see George and Tina's new home (gorgeous) and then headed to Chimy's. We had such a good time back in Tech atmosphere (we don't get any of that in Houston.) We watched the game and just enjoyed ourselves (even though Tech lost)!
Tom, Clays friend from high school and his girlfriend

Justin PGeorge
The crew
Phil and Emily

Sunday, Clay and dad went kayaking again, and early Monday morning we ventured back home. We love quick weekend trips and getting to see friends!

No comments: