Wow, I cannot believe school is starting tommorow! :) I had such a fun, relaxing and lazy summer...I'm not sure I'm ready for that to end. Don't get me wrong, I am really really excited to start a new year! (I didn't get excited until Thurs when we had "Meet the Teacher.") I have some really precious children this year and our school has the highest enrollment it has had in many, many years. I am also excited to move from 2nd to 1st. The transition should be somewhat smooth...I hope. We'll see! :)
Anyways as a tribute to my stay-at-home summer, I made waffles not just any waffles, but blueberry waffles. This may sound like a simple thing to some. However, if you are like me anything that takes longer to cook than cereal is too complicated. Why go through all that trouble when you'd be perfectly satisfied with a bowl of Fruity Pebbles? Ha, well unfortunatly Clay often needs more than just cereal. Hence the need for me to cook. (I actually love to read recipes and watch the Food Network channel, I just cannot get into the actual act of cooking. I think its the cleanup afterwards.) Ok, back on track. These blueberry waffles made me feel like quite the Suzy Homemaker or Betty Crocker.



1 comment:
good luck with the new school year! first graders are so sweet. Call me soon, I miss you!
Post a Comment