Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Chunky Monkey

So...we just got back from a wonderful, relaxing vacation (more on that later) and we see that our beloved puppy has gained a "few" pounds. Okay...so really he's FAT. I have photographic evidence.

Before


After
Not only has he gained weight, he is breathing heavier and seems to be much less energetic. (This could be due to missing his biological mother and brother)

What do you think? Were Clay and I underfeeding Scout? Is this chunky monkey the right weight? We are conflicted. We want a healthy dog, not too skinny and not too fat.

Don't get me wrong, we are so so grateful to have been able to leave Scout with such a wonderful family while we where gone. They really did take such great care of him and it was so neat to see Scout back with his mother and brother. (There were lots of kisses involved when they first saw each other, then lots of wrestling.) But I am ready for my full-of-energy and life puppy to return.
I will post later about the vacation, but for now Scout and I are off for a walk! :)

1 comment:

Paige said...

Cricket is kind of fat too. As long as Scout is getting exercise don't worry too much about it. Scout almost looks too skinny in the picture above anyway.