Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

February

I would like to eventually catch up my blog to where I no longer have to post by month. Likely an abitious feat (sp?) that will not happen, but goals are good right? :) We kicked off February by hosting a fun Superbowl party for our neighbors. We had a great turnout! Every family but one was able to stop by for some food and football. Two sets of our neighbors are French and had never really watched the Superbowl before but they quickly picked up on it and actually enjoyed it (I think that was after both families won a quarter of the squares. ;)
The girls loved hanging out together in Riley's room (away from the boys!) And the boys, played in our front living room. They did so good! we had praying for good weather so that the older boys could be in our backyard, as loud and rowdy as they wanted. It ended up rainy and cold, but it didn't matter. Everyone had a great time.
(Can you see me?) Even though we provided everything, each neighbor wanted to contribute and we ended up with an awesome mix. True French crepes, Lebanese empanada-type things, tex-mex. So fun!

Now on to the randomness of February. We got a little creative during some of the cold days. Pretend swimming on the blue blanket. Riley still loves to dress up and changes clothes about 10 times a day. I love it! So stylish. Girl loves dogs, especially her own.

  Riley has loved the yoga for kids I found on you tube, Reese will join in and do a move or two. :)

Clay and I were able to fit in a much needed date night. And it just happened to fall on Valentines day. We normally don't do much of anything for Valentines. We used to take turns each year cooking a special dinner at home b/c we both hate the crowd of Valentines restaurants but since the girls we have not done much. And neither of us really care, but the opportunity came to see a fun Jazz band from New Orleans, Rebirth Brass Band, that we had seen years ago, so we did. We met up with Joe and Melissa (Joe is Clay's best friend from middle school.) It was a fun. Although the venue for the concert also had another concert going at the same time...I think it was called Dr. Dog? or most likely Dr. Dawg?. Now not sure about you but I myself had never heard of Dr. Dog. But lets just say Clay and I were for sure out of place waiting in line to be scanned with the metal detectors. A guy working for the venue came right up to us and pointed us in the right direction straight into the door for our concert with no metal detectors. I think we stood just a wee bit. :)

The girls took a few photos for their Valentines. (each year we send photo valentines to the grandparents.) Riley's valentines for school.


We spent the last weekend in Feb visiting my parents. We played with Kristi's new puppy Belle. Scout was sweet to her. We went to Fossil Rim. The girls loved feeding all the animals! not even phased. Way too close for comfort for me. I like to follow the rules, including only feed animals from outside your car. Note that is Clay's hand not mine. We also made it to Big Rock Park. Riley took her fishing pole, nearly melting her papa's heart when she asked "Papa will you take me fishin'?" Riley loved jumping and exploring all over these huge boulders. Reese tried hard to keep up and enjoyed herself too!
On to March :)

1 comment:

Courtney Squillante said...

I love the yoga pics!!!! And you look gorgeous on Valentine's Day! Love that sweet family of yours!