Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Reese 1 month old!






Seriously, Reese is already 1 month old?  That may have been the fastest month of my life to date. :)
Reese is such a sweet blessing!! She is a good baby and she continues to just eat, sleep and is starting to have a little more wake time.  She is absolutely beautiful and I love to just stare at her and play with all that hair.  I look down into her face and can see a ton of Riley.  Reese makes many of the same exact faces Riley did, especially when stretching. 

Not long after turning 1 month old, Reese caught her first cold.  Boo.  A sick baby is scary and I felt terrible for her.  She struggled big time at night because she just could not breathe well. :(  About that time she started getting more and more uncomfortable eating and started spitting up more, etc.  It got bad enough that we took her to see Dr. Shuman and sure enough she thought Reese has reflux as well.  I hate taking medicine myself and prefer not to give it to my children but she reassured me that giving her the Prevacid was much better than her not eating well for the next 6-8 months.  When she put it that way I instantly agreed.   We could tell a difference immediately and I am just so thankful there is a medicine that helps her. 

Reese started to skip 1 of her nightly feedings around 6 weeks old and has kept that up, so we are getting around 5-6 hours straight of sleep.   Oh the difference that makes for all of us!  A little sleep goes a long way for my attitude and energy level.







Reese did not have her 1 month appointment until 6 weeks.   Dr Shuman said Reese looked great, she was pleased that prevacid was helping, and Reese got a round of shots.  I think Riley was more upset by Reese getting shots than Reese was. :)

Here are her 10 day stats :
 7.3  lbs
 21 inches long

And her 1 month stts:
9 lb 12.5 oz
22 inches long
will add head circum. later

She is now smiling, and cooing some!! Love this!  She can focus better and see farther and she will even track my face all around.

We love you sweet Reese and are so thankful God blessed us with you!!




**Woah, now Reese is almost 2 months old! :)  I want to do a better job keeping this blog up-to-date.  Now that I kindof have my legs underneath me again hopefully I can.

No comments: