Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Best big sister



I get asked all the time how Riley is doing and to be honest, she has done so well!!!  I am so proud of her!  She has loved her sister from the moment she saw her.  She is so so helpful with Reese and loves to help pick up her paci and put it back in her mouth, or bring a burp cloth or blanket for her.   She really loves to "pet" her and give her kisses.  She's not big into holding her and sometimes gets sad if Reese is crying for any longer than a second.  But when that happens she is so cute, she will say "It's okay Reese mommy is coming."  or "don't get upset Reese, its okay."  or she will urgently tell me (as if I can't hear Reese myself :) "Mommy, mommy Reese is crying." 



Riley talkes all the time about what Reese will get to do with her when she's bigger.  She will say things like "Reese will get to go to my school when she gets bigger." or "Reese will go on the potty when she gets bigger." and "I will share my toys with Reese when she gets bigger."  (well see if she changes her tune in about a year :)

It hasn't all been super easy and there have been times when Riley just couldn't understand by I couldn't just drop everything and play with her like I used to could.  But for the most part we have both adjusted well.

Riley has such a tender heart and LOVES her sister.  And we LOVE to watch the two of them together.  I know first hand what a blessing a little sister is and I am so thankful that Riley has that blessing too!




No comments: