Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Reese's first few weeks

Whoa!  I am so behind.  I want to try to write things down before I forget!  My memory has always been pretty terrible but now I'm lucky if I remember my name :)  Lack of sleep does that I think.

Going back several weeks:

This time around our stay at the hospital seemed to zoom by and before we knew it we were making the drive home.  Riley was waiting for us at home by the front door and was SO excited to welcome her baby sister home!  She kept saying "Awww."  :) 


We were so fortunate to have my parents stay through the first weekend and then my mom stayed for another week!  They were such a blessing and help to us those and what's best is they helped us with such joyful, servant hearts.  They LOVE their granddaughters and really love to show it!

Reese has been such a sweet newborn.  She has slept well, nursed well and really that's all she did for the first 4 weeks.  She had her first doctors appointment at 10 days old and she weighed in at 7 lbs 3 oz (so great considering she left the hospital at 6lb 7 oz) and had already grown 1 inch so she was 21 inches long. 

We still cannot get over how much hair she has! We think she is absolutely gorgeous and I just cannot stop staring at her face.

I was able to take some newborn pics of Reese at 8 and 10 days old and will hopefully finish editing those and get them posted soon.


Just after Reese's first sponge bath


Proud daddy!


Happy mommy


Big yawn


Proud papa!






Aunt Kristi


Proud and super helpful Nana!



First real bath



Aunt Kate

Clay's mom was out of town when Reese was born, but she was so excited to meet Reese a few days later!

Clay's dad loving on Reese


more photos and updates to come soon.  I hope!

2 comments:

Justin*Tara*LucasWhite said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful!!! Congratulations!