Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, March 2, 2012

the name game and induction???

Clay and I have gone back and forth over sweet baby #2's name for several months.   Funny thing is we were only letters apart on the names we each loved.  Clay loved Reese and I loved Reed.  (I know Reed is most common as a boy's name but still I loved it  And I loved the name Reese too but it just has been pretty popular around here lately so I was reserved.  And I didn't want her to be referred to with the candy, even though I love Reese's peanut butter cups.)

I had been praying about which name and honestly I still don't feel like God clearly said to me one name or the other, but He did remind me who the spiritual leader of our home was and so late last week I asked Clay (for like the 200th time) if he really thought that Reese was the best name for our girl.  When he answered (once again) "I really do."  I  happily agreed.  It only took a few hours to decide on the middle name and so baby #2 will be named.....

Reese Bailey Graham!!!

We love her name and so does Riley.  It helps us all feel a little more connected to call her by her name!

----

So yesterday I had my 38 week appointment with Dr. M.  She said everything looked great, the heartbeat was good, my blood pressure was good, I had made some progress (80%, 2.5 cms dilated), so all was good. 

Then my sweet doctor went on let me know she would be out of the office the week of my due date (which is also spring break.)   Crazy, because a few weeks back I remember thinking how I was surprised she was not going to be out of town. 

So Clay and I are left with a BIG decision.
To induce before my dr is out for the week or to go into labor on my own.   Luckily, I did not have to decide right then.  The plan is to go back to see her on Tuesday, check my progress and by then I will have to decide if I want to be induced.  If I do, then Thursday will likely be the day!!!   If I want to go into labor on my own (which is what I have been wanting to do all along) then I will be assigned to a partner doctor in her practice (whom I have never met.  eek.)   And when I go into labor, I will likely just deliver with any of the 1 out of 10 drs who could be on call for that particular week.   We are leaning towards induction but still not 100% sure.  I still feel like I could go into labor on my own before even then, I am having some contractions, but nothing crazy, and there have been a few other signs that I will spare the details of.   But I'm not sure, she very well could want to stay put for a few more weeks even.  Ha!  I'm still talking myself in circles.  We are just praying for wisdom and for making the right decision!  We would love if you would pray for us too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the name! Very excited for you:)

Paige said...

Great name! Call me if you get some time!