First stop was our guided tour through Bethlehem


They had activities in each section of our tour. One of Riley's favorites was the market, where she was able to trade gold coins for candy and/or a small toy. She also loved making her crown and nativity scene magnets.


Meeting King Herod
Riley was very intrigued by Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus

And she was so excited to pet the goat!

Please excuse the donkey's hind end. In every single picture. :) Because of the angle thats all I ended up with.


After our tour through Bethlehem, we headed to another huge room filled with activities.
My favorite was making a gift for the homeless. Riley decorated a paper bag and then filled it with water, crackers, granola bars, vienna sausages and information about our church. This bag did not last long in my car, I found a couple to gift it to almost immediately. I had just ran out of the bags I keep in my car and hand out. (I try to keep a few gallon-size ziplock bags with water, crackers, and a granola bar below my seat to hand out. Interesting side note, only once have I offered the bag and it was not received with graciousness. But it was hot out and the man quickly changed his mind.) So I was grateful when I saw this couple and remembered the bag Riley helped make in my backseat.

There was fun cookie decorating.

And the highlight of the morning was the bounce house slide. Riley LOVED this!! (So did Clay!)


And I actually remembered to get Clay to snap a picture with me in it. :)

We are so thankful for a church that focuses on Jesus, community, and family, and has fun doing it!



No comments:
Post a Comment