Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 6, 2011

colossal catch up part 3

Last month we celebrated my 29th birthday. Woohoo. 29 is so not a big deal to me, neither were 26, 27 or 28. I wonder if 30 will seem like a big deal. Somehow I kindof doubt it. Anyhow, to celebrate Clay and I had a wonderful dinner at Benjy's on Washington. I had never been but it was great food and a neat atmosphere. We really enjoyed our quiet evening just the two of us chatting and laughing. Clay has been really really busy at work and our schedule has just been off so it had been quite awhile since our last date night alone. After dinner, Clay treated me to a movie. Now we hardly ever go to the movies, in fact the last movie we saw just the two of us was Dick and Jane (with Jim Carrey. I don't recommend that movie, its now old, it wasn't good then and probably isn't good now). For my book club, I had just finished reading Water for Elephants so Clay decided we should see the Water for Elephants movie. It was a good movie but to me movies made from books rarely live up to the book itself. It ended up being a late night and it was made possible because of our wonderful babysitter, my sister. Thanks Kristi!!

(Oh and I forgot to mention, I found wrinkles on my birthday. Really, really obvious wrinkles that I probably should have noticed before now. I should not have gone looking for them on my birthday or ever) Haha, anyone care to suggest anti wrinkle creams? :)

We also, just returned from my family reunion. Sadly, I took NO pictures. Boo. We had a good time with lots and lots of my mom's family. All 5 of my aunts and uncles came, as did most of my cousins and their families. It is still crazy to look at my cousins and remember jumping on my grandparents bed and then to see them now with 3 or 4 children of their own.

Of course, I'm sure I have left so much out but for the most part I should be caught up to the first of June. I'm going to try to stay caught up this time!

No comments: