Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

10 years already??


Whoa. How in the world has it been 10 years since I graduated high school? It seems unreal. I mean it feels like maybe it was 5-6 years ago, but not 10! I remember going to the movies with Bliss (my best friend from like 3rd grade through high school) to see Romi and Michelle's High School Reunion; and wondering what I would be like when it was time for my 10 year reunion. It is so hard to believe most if not all of my friends from DCHS have children or pregnant. Some married, some divorced, some still single. Some no knows their whereabouts, some still in Denver City.


The last few years of high school I was sooo ready to be in college and out of my small town. But now I look back and think it was an awesome place to grow up. Yes, maybe it is in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by pump jacks and tumbleweeds. Yes, everyone knew everything and made it their business to be in yours. Yes, there was almost nothing to do. But, how cool is it that I knew pretty much everyone who went to high school with me, 3 years ahead of me and 3 years behind me even? How cool is it that a large number of people I graduated with, I also went to Kindergarten with? How cool is it that most everyone knew me and my family? How cool is it to always feel safe, never to be worried about crazy people? (Granted, there were some crazies in DC but I always felt safe.) Looking back I am so proud to be from Denver City and understand now why some people never leave.


I am actually a little disappointed that I was not able to attend my 10 year reunion this past weekend. Flights were going to be like $480 a person, then we would have had to rent car, hotel, etc. It was just going to be to crazy for just one weekend. And I really wasn't up for the 11-12 hour drive from Houston, even though Clay was sooo sweet and very willing to go with me. I hope the reunion is a success and look forward to seeing pictures!


Wrapping up this post, I leave you with some old school pics of me.




braces

Broken arm in 7th grade



Cross country (Me on the left, Bliss on the right)

Senior sports banquet

Junior year prom (check out that hair)

Senior prom (Me and my six dates :)

2 comments:

Justin and Allison said...

The yearbook pic is priceless. I also can't believe it has been ten years either. We are getting old!

shannonmichaelis said...

You date me both with the youngness of these photos and your prom year! Love the hair - I had those bangs as well...