Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Its all Greek to me!

This past weekend we traveled down to Ft. Worth for one of Clay's fraternity brother's wedding. We went up Thursday afternoon (perk of Clay being his own boss) and just hung out all day Friday. Friday night was the fun rehearsal dinner, George's family hosted the event at Billy Bob's. Neither Clay nor I had been, it was quite a sight. That place is ginormous.


On Saturday I was thrilled that my parents had located a perfect patch of bluebonnets. I thought we would just have to miss out this year because I procrastinated and all bluebonnets had faded around Houston. So we quickly snapped some pics of Riley (I will post these soon) before heading back to Ft. Worth for the wedding.

I have been really excited about this wedding because Tina (the bride) is Greek and as she put it, the wedding would be something along the lines of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding!"

It was such an interesting and lengthy ceremony. I was so glad that in the program Tina put detailed info about exactly what was happening and the traditional symbolism of it. The thing that stuck out the most to me was the lack exchanging of vows.

It is very hard to see, but in the picture above George and Tina were rounding the table 3 times, to symbolize the Trinity. Below they are wearing their crowns tied together with a ribbon, which were exchanged back and forth a total of 3 times.


The rehearsal was at the Omni in downtown FW and was beautiful. There was lots of dancing, drinking and lots of fun! Tina was such a beautiful bride!!



Pretty cake, Tina's colors were teal (with pink flowers) and she had lots of peacock feathers in the decor. Fun!


Traditional Greek dancing! They danced alot and it was so fun to watch.


Photos courtesy of Laney B. and my phone.

No comments: