Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

8 months old


Riley has grown so much! I cannot even really believe she is already 8 months old. We are having so much fun lately! Riley is still incredibly active and squiggily. Lately, she is making diaper changes SOOOO difficult, but it always makes me laugh. (She will twist and turn and sit up and her little bare heiny is just all over the place.)
She also did not want to stay in her chair for her pictures again, thats why in most of the pics she is sitting on the floor. She can't quite get down on her own and she was so close to taking a head dive forward. We may have to settle for beside the chair pics until she can get off safely on her own.



Here are some things she is up to:

-She now has two teeth. The bottom, middle ones. They cut within a day or two of each other.
-She is making more and more sounds. Including ba, da, va, mmm, and many more strange combos of sounds mostly with a zppfhh in there somewhere.
-She push herself from her belly to a sit. (This is funny because now in the mornings and for each nap when I go into her room I see her tiny head just barely peeking over the top of the crib.
-She is rocking back and forth on her hands and knees (she is really thinking hard about crawling.)
-She can stand on her own, holding onto something, for longer periods of time. (about a minute or two)
-She can pull herself to a stand using her fun play/activity table or the side of her crib. (See pic below)


Riley we love you so much! What an amazing blessing you are!

I found Clay and Riley having a crib party with lots of stuffed animals the other day. Too cute! See her little cute head? This is what I see each morning and nap time, it makes me smile SO big!

Side note: I am learning to edit my photos, so the colors and such may be a little off until I can figure out what I'm doing.

Side note 2: I cannot seem to get Riley's eyes in focus on my new camera. All my pics are a little "soft." Hopefully, I can learn more and work on that too. I hope to take a class really soon!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

i love to see her chair picture change so much every month!! you can really tell that she is such a character!

Justin and Allison said...

The pics look great. It is so hard to get it all perfect. I take about 100 pics every time I try to shoot anything and usually a couple turn out the way I like. My colors are often off too.

She is gogeous as usual. I love the little chubby legs. :)

Courtney Squillante said...

What a cutie! And wow you can really see her personality! :)

Miranda said...

Such a beautiful little girl! Life does get much more interesting when they are figuring out how to be mobile!

Justin*Tara*LucasWhite said...

She is so cute! I love looking at her pics every month in her chair! To Cute!