Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Two new hobbies

I have been slowly saving $ to make a purchase for my newest interest. Well, a few weeks back my sweet husband decided that since hunting season was now pretty much over, he would trade me $. Basically we both get "fun" or "blow" money that we can do with as we please. (We both have been saving up, but he had quite a bit more saved than me.) Clay wants a new shotgun, I wanted something that will shoot but not kill. Enter my new camera!!!

I am so excited to start learning more about taking great photographs. I plan on taking a class or two, and I will just practice practice practice shooting. My goal is to create beautiful images for and of our family (I will be thrilled if I learn to shoot even 1/2 as well as Shannon or Allison.) My favorite subject will of course be Riley, followed by Clay and Scout too! I have already learned quite a bit in just the week since I've owed the camera! I will soon post some pics I took over the weekend. Oh, and those of you who are concerned...(Dad )...the $ I save from now on will go towards Clays shotgun and by next season he will be picking out a perfect new shotgun. He is not being mistreated! :) I promise!!

My second new hobby, please don't laugh, is sewing. Haha! Yep, I want to learn to sew. Nothing big or major, just small things here and there. My mom was sweet enough to run me back through the basics this weekend while we were in visiting. (Home ec in high school was my last run-in with a sewing machine.) She also kindly donated her old beast of a sewing machine to my cause. It worked perfectly and I even made my first project, a burp cloth for Riley. We cannot get enough of those things around here. I had so much fun making it and it turned out great. But you will have to trust me on this, as I did not take any pics.

8 comments:

Courtney Squillante said...

Good for you! I want details on your camera- how fun! And yay for sewing! I'm so proud of you! :)

Kelly said...

i really want to get one of those cameras! what kind is yours?

Paige said...

I want a new camera too! Allison is going to go shopping with me one of these days and help me pick out the lenses and stuff.

shannonmichaelis said...

Let me know if you have any camera questions. Sewing, not so much. :-) Enjoy learning the world of better photos with a fun camera! Look forward to seeing the results on the blog.

Justin and Allison said...

I love finding new hobbies!!

Miranda said...

So fun! I also want a great new camera...what kind is yours?

I think Baby Johnston #2 would love some special Meesh-made burp cloths one day! (hint, hint!)

HILER said...

I LOVE sewing! It's so fun to make things for little ones. I really like it even though I am by no means a pro. Congrats on both of your new hobbies! I want a new camera too.

Anonymous said...

yay! I like to take pics too. I took about 4 photography classes in College but Im not so good at it. This is funny because I called my mom about two weeks ago and asked her to bring me her old sewing machine because I want to learn. She brought it last week and I told her I wanted to make a friend some burp cloths and such... funny that we both are on the same page.