Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 5, 2010

Yumm!

At Riley's 6 month appointment our doctor told us we could start giving Riley solid food! How exciting. So far, we have tried sweet potatoes, avocado, and now we are on to pears. Pears are by far her favorite. I am making all of Riley's food and I have to say I love doing this! It is so easy and I know exactly whats she's getting (no preservatives and weirdly named additives.)

Riley's first try at solids happened to be while we were in Ft. Worth for a wedding. My mom and dad really enjoyed seeing this milestone first hand. Since then she has become a pro at eating and really enjoys playing and eating in her highchair (thanks mom and dad!)


Oh and for anyone who may be interested, I am using The Baby Bistro cookbook and the awesome website www.wholesomebabyfood.com. Both have been amazing resources for what foods to give, when to try them, and how to prepare them.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

that butterfly bib looks gigantic on her!!! couldn't be any cuter!

Justin and Allison said...

Oh my goodness, she keeps getting cuter.