Riley had her one month checkup on Tuesday (yes we were a week late, read why below.) She is growing, growing! Our sweet girl weighed in at 8 pounds exactly (25%), 21 inches long (50%) and her head was 14 (10%). She is really starting to fill out and I actually had to put away all of her preemie clothes!
We seemed to have run into a rough patch lately, Riley has been well, she's been miserable. She is constantly uncomfortable, grimacing, and squirming and very gassy. (She has always been slightly squirmy and grunted alot, but just in the last week or so she has gotten miserable.) She is so uncomfortable she will not lay on her back whatsoever. And she has begun to not like the reclining position as well (so no more swing/bouncer, etc.) She is not sleeping well at all because she is so uncomfy and will cry/shriek in pain. This is very hard to Clay and I to watch and nothing much we do seems to help.
I was extremely upset last Wednesday, so I talked to the nurses at the Dr's office and took her to see Dr. Shuman on Thursday. We decided it was probably reflux but changing my diet might fix the problem. So I learned that I should cut out all dairy, citrus, tomatos, broccoli, and...(this is terrible)...chocolate. (Yikes, dieting again??) But I will do anything to make this little lady feel better. So we decided to postpone her 1 month checkup for a week to see if this diet change made any difference. Well, in some ways it seemed to help but others got worse. So on Tuesday, Dr. Shuman prescribed some medicine for Riley and so far things are looking better. She doesn't seem to be nearly as comfortable. And she actually laid down on her back two days in a row!!! Granted it was only like 30-40 minutes...but we will celebrate the small things! :) The pictures below are of our napping victory (notice Riley with celebratory hands raised.)




6 comments:
oh no that sounds really tough! Babies hit a really fussy period at week 5 and 6. Even easy Kylie did. She would cry a lot especially at night and wiggle around. After that it gets noticeably better, I read about it in healthy sleep habits, so hopefully whatever it is she will outgrow it very soon. Good luck!
Such sweet pictures! She is such a little angel!
She is beautiful....When Connor was about that age he was put on 2 reflux meds. It helped so much!!!! We didn't like the idea of putting him on meds, but he felt so much better. I will be praying for sleep for you and and happy baby girl!
Poor girl. I hope that it gets better. I know it is hard on yall too! Hope to see you soon. I would love to make a trip to your moms when you are in town to see the little lady.
i hope she starts to feel better soon! that sure does sound uncomfortable :( poor girl!
Definitely sounds like sweet Riley has sad reflux...poor girl! I'm glad she seems to be improving on the medicine. I hope you are sleeping as much as possible!
Post a Comment