5 day and counting until Riley makes her grand appearance. Unless of course she decides to come on her own earlier!
Monday, we had my last pre-delivery appointment with Dr. Levin. It was another long one but we got great feedback. Riley passed her biophysical test, she got 10 out of 10 points. (Not really sure exactly how she accumulates these so-called points but I know the sonographer must see her perform certain "tricks" within 30 minutes. I have also slightly progressed. Dr. Levin said I am 60% effaced and 1.5 cm dilated. She comments each time about how low the baby is! She said because she is so low, labor should not be really really long!
We are also to report to Labor and Delivery at 5 am on Monday morning. They will hook me up to monitors and an iv and then likely start Pitocin. Dr. Levin likes to guess and said she thinks baby Riley should be here early afternoon (3pm ish) on Monday. (Of course this is totally just a fun guess and many things could change this, but how exciting!!!)
It is surreal to know that Clay and I have only 5 more days alone as a family, and that we will soon (by God's grace) have a beautiful baby girl with us. We are trying our best to stay calm and not get too anxious. Oh and what fun putting together all the baby items was. (who knew 2 educated people would have such a difficult time with something as simple as a bouncer or pack and play? Haha)
5 years ago



3 comments:
i've been thinking about you and riley a lot. praying for a great delivery...i'll call you sometime before then.
I'll keep praying for all 3 of you. You and Clay are going to be absolutely wonderful parents to sweet Riley!
So excited for you both. 5 days of silence...haha! I know you guys will be amazing parents! Cannot wait to see pics!
Post a Comment