Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 16, 2009

Its a....

(Many of you already know this...I am terribly late (2 weeks) in posting, but I had to do it anyway! :)

Clay had a great (but anxiety-inducing) idea of how we should find out if baby Graham was a boy or girl. He/We decided to wait and not have the sonographer tell us. Instead, she put a picture of the baby with the words "Its a ____" in a sealed envelope. That envelope sat on our mantle taunting me for 5 days. That was so tough and made me quite anxious!!! We invited our families over on Saturday for a little celebration and we had each of them wear blue if they thought baby was a boy, and wear pink if they thought baby was a girl. (In case you are wondering, Clay is wearing navy and I am wearing pink shoes!)

Finally, once everyone was in the same place at once, we were able to open the envelope. We were about to bust.

Cute cake from Aunt Kristi!!


It's a Girl!!! How much fun we had!!! Let the shopping and celebrating begin!!

Can you tell we were shocked! (And don't worry, that is Clay's wine!)

Baby Graham already has a name...Riley!! (No middle name just yet, we are still deciding) It is so wonderful to know its a girl and I already feel more connected to the baby!! We can now call her by name and start planning the nursery!! So so so exciting!!

As exciting and suspenseful as this was, I have already put my foot down for next time. We will not being doing this again. I want the sonographer to be able to show me and tell me exactly how she knows it is a girl/boy. (The picture in the envelope was not every reassuring...though I trust our sonographer completely...it would still have been nice to see more than one angle.)

5 comments:

HILER said...

Congrats on your baby girl! They are so much fun to buy for & I have no idea how you made it without peeking!

Paige said...

You know I am so excited! Girls are great, of course I don't know about having baby boys but you don't even know how wonderful it will be!!!!!!

Julie Adams Gray said...

My niece is Rylie Morgan! She's adorable so all Riley/Rylie are adorable!!!

Kelly said...

Congrats on your little girl! What a cute way to reveal the sex!

Miranda said...

We are so excited! But, I agree...you should never wait 5 days again!!