Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

New York, New York, Sweet City of Dreams

So for spring break this year I (unfortunately Clay had to work) was able to fly to New York to visit my sister. Kristi has been working in the financial district of Manhattan since February. This was my first time to NYC and I must say...Wow, what an exciting city. I loved every minute of it!



We did alot of the touristy-thing. We visited every major attraction possible (Statue of Liberty, Rockafeller Plaza, Central Park, Empire State Building and many more.) We had a great time together and I really enjoyed experiencing this with Kristi. We were also there during St. Patty's day and of course we went to the parade. It seemed like everyone was in very high spirits that day and I loved seeing green everywhere.



My favorite thing of all, though was the day I spent walking the city. Yep, thats right, walking. I felt like I wasn't getting a feel for the city when I was flying by in a cab. (Flying is totally the right word...and I thought Houston cab drivers were crazy. Ha!) So, I decided that I would just walk as far as I could and then cab back. Well, I started down in the Financial district which is the lower part of the island and I made my way through China town, Tribeca, Soho, near NYU, Union Square and continued my trek to the Empire State Building then back to Union Square. All in all, who knows how many miles that was...but I really felt like part of the city on this little adventure of mine. And I found lots of fantastic stores that totally made me forget that my feet were about to fall off! I cannot wait to go back.


1 comment:

Miranda said...

I love New York also! I am so excited you have a blog now. It really is the best way to keep up with people. Love you!