Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 15, 2014

Reese is 2!!! (as of 5 months ago)

Precious baby is now definitely no longer a baby. Two is such a fun age and Reese is learning and sharing just how independent she can be. She is a sweet, affectionate little girl but she also knows what she likes and what she wants and tries her best to get it. She has a bit of a spicy side that keeps us on our toes. Reese loves loves loves Riley and it has been such a blessing to Clay and I to see the sister bond grow even more now that Reese can play and interact more with Riley. Just as I was beginning to worry about Reese's speech or lack there of, she went from very few words to speaking in long phrases in just a few weeks. She is very good about verbally communicating her needs now. This is really nice! Reese absolutely does everything Riley does and that includes pretty much potty training herself right after her 2nd birthday. It was crazy. I can take absolutely no credit in helping her with this. She just did it all on her own. I provided help and a few reminders but when she decided she would wear big girl panties like Riley, she did. (She is even night trained as of late June/early July, again she just made up her mind and decided she didn't want pull ups at night...and done.) Thankful!! We love to hear Reese talk and giggle, she is very funny and loves to tell me "dat's siwwy" thats silly. So my other favorite phrases of her's are "not yet" "hey wait up" "baby mermaid" (she refers to herself as this all the time). It's not the actual phrases that I love, it is the way she speaks them that just kills me. Such sweet sounds. To celebrate her birthday, we had a party at Gymboree. Reese and I had been attending classes their for a few months and she loved it, so it was the perfect location for an easy to host party. The party coordinator did such a great job with the children and I think everyone really enjoyed their time! What a blessing and joy Reese has been to our family!! We love you sweet girl and love to watch you love life. Can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for you for the next two years!

No comments: