Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Riley's party

We had such a fun time celebrating Riley's 3rd birthday! This year it worked out that her party was on her actual birthday.  Riley still loves all things Dora so we had a Dora swim party at a local neighborhood pool.  (Sidenote: its a fun, casual pool, this is our first summer to get a membership and we have really enjoyed it!)




Riley's birthday started out by waking up to this fun surprise from mommy and daddy.

A dollhouse!


Mommy made some fun sprinkle pancakes


Nana and Papa come over and bring their gift.  A big girl bike!


After a day of relaxing at home, its finally party time! 


We swam.



We ate pizza.



Ate cake.
(check out her super "dora" cake. Ha. Mommy fail. I love costco cake so I ordered a cake from costco but a cake without dora on it was no good. So I improvised and bought dora, diego and boots figurines to place on the cake. well, they kept face planting. So I kept pushing them back into the cake, deeper and deeper. Notice they are up to their waist in cake :) Note to self. Don't be so cheap and order a true dora cake even if it doesn't taste as good as costco's. :)



The first thing she did was grab her dora and diego. She loved them and thats what counts! (We still play with these things almost daily a month and half later)



Reese slept and swam some.


I found some fun water squirt toys for favors. THey were a hit.
Riley loved letting her balloons fly after her party was over.

Happy Birthday, sweet girl! We love you!

1 comment:

Courtney Squillante said...

First of all, I'm SO sad we missed it! :( Secondly, the cake thing made me laugh so hard! Ha!!!!!