Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 22, 2011

26 weeks (only 2 weeks late this time)


And here I was at 25 weeks with Riley.



I have been feeling really great! What a blessing! But this pregnancy is going by sooo fast. I cannot believe that I am now 28 weeks and in the 3rd trimester. Eek. Lots to get done before this sweet girl arrives. We will be moving Riley into our guest bedroom and leaving the nursery pretty much as is for baby 2.

Also, I don't think I blogged about this before but because I had gestational diabetes with Riley I had to test for it at 13 weeks with this pregnancy. Well at that time I failed the 1 hour but passed the 3 hour test. Woohoo! I was good to go for another 13 weeks. My doctor had me test again last week (27 weeks) and this time I had to skip the 1 hour and go straight to the 3 hour test. Yuck. But so worth it to make sure this baby (and I) are healthy and developing normally.

Well, another huge blessing...I passed!! All numbers were in the normal range! I totally ate ice cream that night to celebrate (and maybe a cookie too!) It has been a major relief not to have to worry about every single thing I eat, every carb or sugar being counted, etc. Diabetes is a hard disease to control and I am so thankful that my experience with diabetes was for just a few short months. I know many people young and old who are battling this disease for the rest of their lives; I have such compassion for them.

So many people ask me how Riley is doing and how she feels about the baby. To be honest she hasn't been saying much lately. At first she would comment on my growing belly. Saying cute things like "mommy belly getting bigger!" But lately she will answer if we ask her questions.
I do think she understands that a baby is in my belly but I don't think she has any ANY idea of what that will mean in just a few short months. We would appreciate prayer for her (and Clay and I) now and over the next few months as this will rock her (our) world. It could be a hard adjustment for her (sharing time with mommy/daddy, transitioning to a new room/bed, etc.) but I do think she will be so helpful, loving and an amazing big sister!

Oh and she was helping me with names the other day. her suggestions: Riley, Baby, Bella, and Dora. ha!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

You look great! Oh, and I'm loving the baby names. Dora would be perfect!

Paige said...

You look so cute! I am so past the cute phase.