
The first trimester cruised right along, this pregnancy seems to be flying by much quicker than the first. We* waited longer to tell the majority of people so maybe that has something to do with it.
(*I should say I waited longer this time around. :) A few days before my 13 week appointment (the milestone we were waiting on before telling people other than close friend and family) Clay tells me "So and so is really excited about us having another baby." Me: "oh...how do they know?" Clay: "I, uh, I kindof have told everyone." Me: "Like, everyone?" Clay: "Well, like our small group in real estate." Me: "Oh, I just thought we were waiting to tell people." Clay: "I was just too excited not to tell anyone." So funny and I could not be upset, he really was just excited and ready to share!! Although the "small group" he is talking about is like 10 people but the real estate world is very small and talk spreads like wildfire, so really everyone in his work community knew.)
It is a good thing we announced our pregnancy when we did, I do not feel like I could hide this belly any longer. I am still in regular jeans and tops but I know that will not last much longer, and I will soon need to add the belly bands. I feel some larger than I did with Riley. But other than size, I feel the exact same. I was fortunate not to experience morning sickness, I was mostly just exhausted the first tri. I have my energy back now and my appetite has kicked into full gear just like it did with Riley. With Riley I had no cravings whatsoever. Just ate whatever whenever. I find myself wanting pickles on a daily basis and I this really isn't out of the norm for me but I am loving anything sweet.
So, because I had Gestational Diabetes with Riley my doctor wanted me to take the 1 hr glucose test early on this pregnancy. I took it right before we left for our vacation and I received a call saying I failed the test the night before we left. I tried not to be too bummed and had already accepted that I would likely have GD again this pregnancy. Well about a week after we got back I went in for the lovely 3 hour test and praise God, I passed!!! I will still have to do another 3 hour test at the regular testing mark, 26 weeks. But for now I can rest easy not worrying about every little thing I eat and how that could be effecting baby #2's health.
Everyone asks how I feel about the gender and I truly have NO idea. I was way off with my instincts on Riley (we both thought she was a boy) and so now I don't even have any intuition. We cannot wait to find out though and will do so in about 3 weeks. SO excited!!

16 weeks with baby #2

16 weeks with Riley



1 comment:
You look great!
Post a Comment