While I spent Valentines day at my parents, Clay was in Houston for the night in between two hunting trips. He gave Riley and I the best Valentine's gift. My sweet husband woke up super early and waited in line to register Riley in pre-school for next fall. I told Clay he could probably just get there an hour or two before 9am (when they accept registration packets) and it would be fine. Even though there were only 4 spots in Riley's potential class, the main contact for the school seemed to think it wouldn't be as crazy as past years. Wrong. Luckily we had some sweet neighbors and friends give us the low down on the registration process otherwise we never would have gotten in. Clay got to the school at 4:45am and was 4th in line. One dad went so far as to get his place in line at 3 am. This is just nuts. And apparently it is like this every year, even though existing families register a week before it is opened to the general public.
Even though the process for pre-school is crazy, I am really excited for Riley. I wasn't going to put her in school so early. I just felt like I stay at home for a reason and that reason is not so I can just stick her in school. But lately she has been really craving more time with other children her age and our playdates just weren't enough. Riley is so cute, everytime we leave the house she gets excited and asks "More babies?" She wants to see more children! :) I also think it will be nice for her to take instruction and learn to follow directions from another adult. Hopefully she will love it!
My second brag on Clay is this.

Clay and his business partner were voted as "Dynamic Duo" from their peers in the Houston commercial retail real estate world. A large company puts on this banquet each year and nominates different people for various awards. This is a huge honor as they were up against some amazing businessmen (and one woman.) They have worked so hard these last two years since they formed their own company, but are also so quick to give their success and the glory to God. Clay and Kyle both know that nothing they have accomplished is because of their own doing. I am so very proud of Clay!



1 comment:
Girl, did you register at our sweet school? Hope so - you won't be disappointed!
Post a Comment