
So last Friday Clay, Riley and I headed to Ft Worth. Clay had a real estate convention in Las Vegas Saturday through late Tuesday night and when I mentioned that I would probably go see my parents, he decided he would drive up to Ft Worth with us and just fly in and out of DFW. Well, poor Riley ended up getting sick late Saturday night; I took her to a pedi in Granbury and we found out she had Strep throat. :( A sick baby is no fun for anyone!! But I was so grateful to be at my parents house and to have their extra help. Especially those couple of sleepless nights with Clay gone. Riley finally started feeling quite a bit better late Wednesday and Thursday.
Friday, my parents house filled up quickly. My mom's family reunion was held at their home that weekend. Clay was a bit in shock at first, I had tried to warn him just how many people would be there and how...ummm...loud, crazy, fun it got. But I think nothing prepared him. (I'm talking my mom's 5 brothers/sisters and their husbands, wives, and all of their children (my cousins) and all of my cousins children.) The pool, floating the river, the movie theater, eating and more eating kept us all very busy.
Friday, my parents house filled up quickly. My mom's family reunion was held at their home that weekend. Clay was a bit in shock at first, I had tried to warn him just how many people would be there and how...ummm...loud, crazy, fun it got. But I think nothing prepared him. (I'm talking my mom's 5 brothers/sisters and their husbands, wives, and all of their children (my cousins) and all of my cousins children.) The pool, floating the river, the movie theater, eating and more eating kept us all very busy.
I mostly took pics of only the kids. Sorry Aunts/Uncles but kids are way cuter anyways!
3 out of 5 of my cousin Roleta's sweet children
Tent city. A few cousins decided it would be fun to "camp out."

Super cute Avan
Swim time!
Kiera
Devin and Ashton (in back)
I'm still so bummed that I did not get a chance to see my best DFW friends and their sweet children, but hopefully we will be back soon!!

Acacia (holding Riley) and my dad.



2 comments:
Poor Riley! So sad about strep throat. Hope she is feeling better! Let me know when you want to get together!
UGH! I was so sad we didn't get to hang out!! There will be plenty of time this summer for some playdates and adult dates! Love you and miss you!
Post a Comment