Really? really? in 1 month my small sweet baby will be a year old?!? It is SO hard to believe this. I say this each month but time is really flying by quickly and I am trying to treasure each moment with Riley. Every single day she changes and grows and what an amazing blessing to get to see this!

Here are some things she is up to:
-Riley can rise up to a stand on her own and can still stand for several seconds (she doesn't do this often though)
-She loves to dance now and will bounce up and down to music and the silly sounds mommy makes.
-She loves to put toys into her basket and even better take them all out! Well really she will pull any object out of any container. even trash cans.
-Riley will go through days without hardly saying a word and then days when she just jabbers nonstop. Mostly mama, dada, and recently nananana.
-Here is my favorite: Riley understands when Clay or I ask for kisses and will deliver the sweetest, biggest open-mouth kiss ever! But if we ask too many times in a row she will get bored with us.
-And other than her bottle, Riley is eating mostly finger foods and gets bored/annoyed when Clay or I try to feed her from a spoon. She wants to do it herself :)
-She is still taking 2 good naps and sometimes even 3.
Also, I forgot to blog this but over Memorial day weekend (at my parents house) Riley took her first step!!! It was so exciting, and both Clay and I witnessed the special event. Her walking push toy got stuck close to me and I just held out my arms and told her to come see me. She let go and took 1 step into my arms! So exciting.
She does not seem to be too excited about walking though and doesn't really attempt it anymore. In and on her own time! :) No rush Riley, you are already into EVERYTHING!
And one more thing, she has started doing the cutest mini-daredevil like things. She loves for me to tip her over backwards over and over. She will drop her head back again and again and just giggle. Also she will climb up to a stand on the cushions of our couch (looking over the back) and then just fall backwards/sideways into the seat cushion/pillows of the couch. She will laugh and laugh, clap and clap, and then look for our reaction. Silly girl!

We love you so much Riley!




3 comments:
I know I've said this before but her chair pictures are SO fun and cute!
She is so, so fun and cute! And, happy belated anniversary too! Love you!
11 months, there is no way! Time really does fly! She is precious as always.
Post a Comment