5 years ago
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Riley 1 vs Sleep 5
Exciting news: Friday evening Clay and I decided no matter how much crying craziness we had to deal with, we were going to try to get Riley to sleep in her own crib. (Riley is still spitting up, but the reflux doesn't seem near as bad now. Now if she cries I can tell it isn't because of her sensitive little tummy.) Low and behold, praise God, Riley slept the whole night. Like 10:00-6:30 am!! I woke up so confused and slightly terrified because she never made a peep. Oh what a blessing! I'm not sure I have ever slept better. In the morning I was a new person, no back ache, no head ache, no grouchiness, just pure joy to be waking up to a happy baby in her own bed!
Well, I knew that this was likely a fluke and it was. Granted, she has been sleeping in the crib each night since, but some nights she is waking up every hour or so. I have now armed myself with pretty much every sleeping book available and hopefully soon we can get this thing figured out. I can't wait 'til this sweet baby conquers sleep!!!
(On a side note, she is now a really good napper. I was reading one of my books and it mentioned to try white noise. So I instantly downloaded some from itunes and tried it out for her nap. She is now taking 3-4 naps a day anywhere from 40 mins - 3 hours. This is huge!! Now I know that the white noise is something we will have to wean from eventually...but I'll worry about that when the time comes. For now, I will enjoy peace and quiet and a little time to myself during the day. )
Also, we just tried a sleep sack last night. It was awesome, Riley did sleep better. Perhaps some of the wakefulness was due to being slightly cold.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Connor still uses his white noise maker every night and during naps. We take it with us everywhere. I'm glad to hear that things are getting better with the reflux!!!! Merry Christmas !!!
Good work! Blake sleeps with a sound machine still, it's no biggie. I love sleep sacks too! Great invention! Keep up the good work, you are a GREAT mom!
Yay Michelle!!! Things are coming together! Riley is so lucky to have such wonderful and patient parents!
For the record, I have been sleeping with white noise since 1st grade. I have never weaned myself and sleep great anywhere I go with my sound machine. Justin has never slept a single day of his life without it - and has ALWAYS been a great sleeper. ANd the sleep sack at night in the winter is a must! Yay for sleep - it will get better, I promise!
we use a white noise bear at night. Oliver sleeps well with it. It stays on for about an hour then turns itself off. Now when I hear it I instantly get sleepy. Talk about him training me!
Im glad you guys are getting better sleep.
erin
Ranger still uses his white noise machine as well. We take it with us when we travel! Don't worry...she will sleep eventually...I promise!
Post a Comment