Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 10, 2009

On the road again


A few weeks back, we ventured out for Riley's first road trip. Clay had some work to do in DFW so we decided to stay a few extra days with my family. Well the 4.5 hour trip there was treacherous but on the way home Riley slept almost the whole way.

So I was hopeful when we set out again to Glen Rose for Labor day weekend. It started smoothly but quickly went downhill. Riley does great if I'm in the back near her, not so much if I ride up front. Sooo...Clay is our road trip chaufer from now on. I need to start bringing dvds to watch! :)

Once there we enjoyed a quiet relaxing weekend with my parents. (Clay loves Glen Rose, he has such a hard time relaxing in Houston...work is always on the brain. Not to mention how incredibly and wonderfully helpful mom and dad are with Riley) Clay golfed with my dad, went kayaking with dad and even managed to hunt a bird and a bat (crazy and gross I know, but he was so proud!) All the while I laid out by the pool.

We will be headed back again soon for one of Clay's good friends wedding...we just can't get enough of Hwy 290 and Hwy 6!

1 comment:

Paige said...

I can so relate to stressful roadtrips with baby. As if road trips weren't annoying enough before.