Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Love my neighborhood!

The other day Clay and I were cooking dinner, getting ready for Clay's best friend Joe to come over with his fiance when Clay said "what is that taped to our door?" I brushed it off thinking it was just another lawn service advertisement. Then I heard "aw" followed by laughter. It is not often my large hottie of a fellow says "aw" so I knew it would be good. Taped to our door is this letter...This love letter of sorts was from Scouts "girlfriend" Ruby. Scout has loved Ruby since about 4 months old and he gets so excited and wound up when she comes around. Ruby just happens to be a giant Mastiff that puts up with all of Scouts naughtiness (including bites to the ears, lips, etc.) And when she's had enough she is able to toss him to the ground and puts her giant jaws on his neck. I will try to get pictures of this play date in action.

Daily, Scout goes on a scavenger hunt. This is his newest treasure. A massive stick. He carried this thing around the whole block, approximately 1 mile. Many neighbors stopped their cars when driving by to laugh and comment at his sillyness and one even asked if he could take a picture with his cell phone. :) The stick looks smaller in the picture, it is actually taller that I am. He so proudly held his head up high carrying his prize down the road.

And lastly, here I am at 16 weeks. This picture was taken yesterday. The students at school are starting to notice and touch my belly, rest their heads on it to listen, and are asking for it to get larger. I, myself am in no hurry. I have seen the size and uncomfortable proportions of a third trimester belly. :)

3 comments:

Paige said...

CUTIE!! I can't wait to see you again! When are you coming back around this way, I will meet you anywhere!

Justin and Allison said...

You look adorable!

Miranda said...

You look wonderful! I was soooo much bigger at 16 weeks!