Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 20, 2008

Whew!

Busy weekends! This weekend, Clay and I went to the Tech vs A&M game. Saturday was a long but very fun day. It started so early...about 7:15 am. We rode to College Station with Joe and Melissa, a fun but stressful ride as Joe was anxious to get there and was weaving through old people traffic. Tailgating began upon arrival, and then the game. We were grateful to have tickets to the game...but we were totally at the very top of the massive structure that is Kyle Field. Even though the temp was only like 80 it was so so hot. And the first half was a miserable display of Tech football. So we decided to abandon the mile-high seats in favor of more preferrable tailgating chairs beneath tents. Ahh...so much better. Tech pulled out the game but it was not pretty. I feel like they should really get their stuff together before UT and OU or it will be really really ugly.

Our day did not end with the game...rather it was just beginning. We enjoyed more tailgating complete with a mariachi band. Then we made our way to North Gate. Having never been to CS I did not know what to expect but I really enjoyed it there and loved how convienent it was to have everything in one place. We stayed in CS that night with 2 of the funniest couples I know. Yes 6 people one small, very bad motel room. I was so happy to be home Sunday afternoon. :)

Before the game.


Last weekend, my mom and dad were in Houston and they were so awesome to help Clay and I and Kristi paint our living room and hallway (it took 3 gallons...sooo much paint.) It is almost the same exact color but it looks so so much better!
Also, fall spirit took over when Clay and I went to the Houston Garden Center. We got sooo many mums. Clay was so wonderful to plant them all. Thanks Clay the yard looks so so good!!




Scout is such a big, happy boy now!! :)

2 comments:

Justin and Allison said...

Your house looks so cute.

Paige said...

Sounds like a fun time and I agree tech better get it together. I am going to the Texas game and I am concerned. Let me know next time you are in this area and I will come meet you or something.