Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

July

Wow I feel like it should still be July.  How is it already September?

We celebrated the 4th of July at my parents home and were thrilled when my Aunt and Uncle from Louisiana made the trip too!  We mostly relaxed and hung out by the pool.  And Clay and I snuck in a lunch date to Granbury.






Riley loves when Clay makes HUGE waves. :)






We celebrated Riley's birthday while we were there!
She got to open her big present from us a little early.  Awhile back our neighbors had given us a jeep powerwheels, the girls love it but the battery was not good and something with the drive shaft would break pretty much everytime Riley turned, so...this was her surprise.





She was so excited and then she was off.






Reese joined in on the fun as soon as she woke from her nap. :)  She loves being chaufferred around.




Riley asked for a Brave birthday party and so Brave it was.

Riley helped Aunt Kristi make her cake. It turned out so cute!










The only gift Riley asked for her birthday was a clock. So a clock she got!





The next week we celebrated Riley's birthday with friends.  I'll leave that for a post on its own but here is a quick pic.


The rest of my photos from July are just random ones when I though to grab my camera.


Reesey loves all things dress up!




One Sunday before church we decided it would be so fun to go see the Ringling Bros Circus that was in town. It was so fun and both girls loved it! Reese especially loved seeing the elephants up close in the pre-show.
 
Nana and papa came into town to celebrate Kristi's bday early. But unfortunately I didn't take many pics that weekend. 



The girls have both enjoyed coloring this summer.  I really have to keep my eye on Reese though.  In true toddler fashion, she likes to color a variety of items in our home. :)



Riley really is such a sweet and tolerant big sister. Reese does whatever Riley does and usually ends up taking over.  See below where she is sitting on top of the coloring book.




The last weekend in July, I was able to get away for the weekend for our annual girls lake trip.
Clay was so awesome and took care of the girls all by himself for the entire weekend!  He did such a great job! And Paige's parents are always so gracious in letting us use their lake house in Horseshoe Bay.  It is always a fun, relaxing trip.  I love catching up with those girls.  I didn't take any pics but lucky for us pro photog Paige took lots of video and put this together.  http://vimeo.com/71387208
So fun!!


No comments: