Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

May

Another month of not too many pictures. I want to do a better job of picking up my camera! And getting out from behind the camera. :)

May was full of year (school year) celebrations and activities. First up was Riley's school program. It was so fun to watch her and see how much she has changed over the past year. At last years program she hardly moved a muscle and definitely didn't sing much but this year she definitely warmed up to the crowd a little and even gave us a huge grin a few times. The next day was Riley's 1st dance recital. It was so much fun to watch her and I was so impressed with how she did in front of such a huge crowd. (I will post more pics in a different post. Just one for now. Riley is 4th from the left.) The following day was Riley's Awana's ceremony. Riley has loved being in Cubbies this past year (and so have Clay and I!) I knew nothing of this program until a few years ago. A few women in one of my small groups would mention it, and now I know why they all loved it! Such a neat way to teach scripture and biblical truth to young children. Riley (and I) was able to memorize around 30 verses. And she still months later askes me to read her Cubbies book each morning. This gives us a chance to review the scriptures she learned. We are so thankful for the teachers who poured into the children each Sunday! And for some random pics.

These girls love downward dog In the middle of May, we traveled with my parents to Louisiana to see my cousin graduate from high school. Meagan worked hard to get here and we are so proud of her! I love this picture. Misty (my actual cousin) hugging Meagan (her daughter) while my uncle and my dad (in the stripes) look on.



The girls did so good before, during, and after the ceremony. It helped that only like 20 people or so graduated. :) The next day just happened to be my birthday and it was so fun to be around so much family to celebrate! Unfortunately Kristi was unable to come because she had just changed jobs (this was such a great thing for her!) but she timed her phone call just right and wound up in the family group picture. :) Those Williams genes are strong. :) On the couch are my uncle, in the middle is my aunt, and on the end is my dad. I see so much resemblence in each of their and my cousins faces. Neat! Riley's last day of school! It hurts my heart that she will go to school everyday next year. In fact we even looked into other preschools that were not Monday-Friday, but in the end we decided it was best if she stayed at her current school.
Fun month!

No comments: