Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 22, 2013

a wedding and a newborn

Before Reese was even born my super talented college roommate, Paige (with Paige Walker Photography) asked if I would help second shoot a wedding.  We were both pretty excited about it and had already discussed if we enjoyed it that we would aim for shooting 3-4 weddings a year.
So early December, I packed up the girls and headed to Ft Worth for a long weekend.  Saturday morning, I picked up Paige and we got to work.  It wasn't that the wedding was particularly hard to shoot or anything like that but mostly it was just such a long, long day.  I think we did a really great job and the bride will be so happy with her pictures.  I'm just not sure I am interested in shooting many more weddings. ;)

I was also so fortunate to get to see Paige in action over Christmas when I assisted her in a newborn shoot (her specialty).  It was awesome to watch and I learned a ton, especially in posing a sweet baby.   Oh and just because I know people will wonder or speculate...I do not plan on opening a photography business anytime soon.  If ever.  I just don't feel led to do that right now and am not sure my skills are up to par anyway.  I do just love to bless others with my photos and want to keep up my skill level, which is why I do random shoots every now and then.  I love my hobby and am thankful for this outlet.

Some of my favorite shots of the wedding:
I love this one. The bride and her sister watching their parents walk down the aisle. Some shots of Paige in action:

1 comment:

Justin and Allison said...

Gorgeous shots Michelle. You are so talented!!!!!!
I am glad I introduced my uber talented friends to a great camera a few years back. LOL.

I love your story below. You've got a great heart!!!!!