Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

30? really?

So I turned 30 on May 17th.  It was really no big deal.  I don't really feel older and I don't really look much older.

When Clay turned 30 I threw a big surprise party for him and he LOVED it.  See here.  Well I am not big into surprises and made him promise not to do that for me.  It turned out Clay had to be in Las Vegas for business the day after my birthday, so we decided we would all go to my parents house in Ft Worth so I wouldn't be alone for 4 days with the girls.  We drove up on my actual birthday and Clay mentioned he made arrangements for us to have dinner in Ft Worth and that my parents would watch the girls while we celebrated together.  Reese was such a champ on the drive up there, in fact all was going well until College Station.   There was a huge wreck and the entire highway 6 was closed.  Clay was getting very antsy and impatient, he kept saying he we would be late and didn't think we could change our reservations.  Well, I figured somehting was up because I told him to just call the restaurant and change our time.  He said he emailed them :)  It turned out my sweet husband had planned of two of my college roommates, their husbands, and my dorm RA to meet us at Joe T Garcias (YUM!) for dinner.  It was a sweet unexpected surprise and it was so good to see them!  (No photos :( boo.)  The perfect way to celebrate.  He also surprised me with a stinking awesome new lens for my camera.  Woohoo.

Here are a few pics from our stay at my parents.





playing with the new lens