I really do love the sense of community our neighborhood has. Some of you may not know but I don't actually live in Houston. Now if you were to look on the map you would think I live in the heart of Houston. But no, I live in a small city within the large metroplex of Houston. Our small city has its own police, shares fire and ems services with a few other small "villages", has its own taxes, elections, etc. It really is a great place to live. I know probably 75% of my neighbors within our big block. Many of which I know by name.
One of my favorite times of the year is spring and this is partly because of the fun events held on our block. First, was the Boys Club (term loosely used for a bunch of men) BBQ. Tons of people come each year and this year was no exception.

No block party is complete with out a princess bounce house. Don't worry there was a boyish one across the street.

Riley playing nicely with her sweet friend Hollyn.
No comments:
Post a Comment